[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 5, Issue 80

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Fri May 30 03:38:19 CDT 2008

PostHoler writes: The recent thread/interest on preparedness is further evidence that hikers
need shelters. The expectation that every hiker will act intelligently is unrealistic. We have a unique opportunity to act before disaster strikes.  Let's act responsibly and push for shelters.
Besides, it gives us a place to put the water caches and cappuccino machines.
Switchback replies: I could not agree more.  I want lots more PCT trail signs with mileages, etc.  There should be a water pump at each PCT shelter too.  As I get older, I want more goodies out on the trail.  Otherwise, it is age discrimination and I might have to file a lawsuit through my attorneys, Dowey, Cheatum, and Howe.