[pct-l] the fuss about prepardness

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri May 30 12:21:01 CDT 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 11:27 AM, William Skaggs wrote:
> If you don't need to be rescued,
> I am not going to criticize your decision making.

One of the reasons for having these sorts of
discussions is to learn from the past and to
prevent similar mistakes in the future.  It isn't
all that helpful to save the criticism until after
the mistakes have been made.

Note: I'm assuming we are talking about constructive
criticism and not comments that simply amount to
bad-mouthing other people's planning and decision making.
I'm also assuming that people are generally free to
ignore criticism and advice even if it puts themselves
at needless risk.  For example, I wouldn't advocate
for some sort of a government mandated licensing
framework for backcountry travel.  In fact I think a lot
of government mandated licensing is superfluous (but
not all!).

Radar