[pct-l] Botany on the PCT

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 23:23:16 CDT 2008

>Hello! I've been recently taking an interest in plant identification and I
was thinking it might be pretty cool to do some reading on PCT-related
botany before my thru-hike both as a way to supplement my diet with fresh
foods on occasion (if this proves not to be a complete pipe-dream) -- and
also purely for the joy of getting that much more out of the hike. Have any
of you done something similar? I'm trying to find some good reading material
or info from past thru-'ers.

_Native American Ethnobotany_ Daniel Moerman
_Jepson Manual of Higher Plants of California_
_Growing California Native Plants_ Marjorie Schmidt
www.calflora.org
_Gardening with Native Plants of the Pacific Northwest_ Art Kruckeberg
_Plants of the Pacific Northwest Coast_ Pojar and McKinnon

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR