[pct-l] Light Weight Boots

The Incredible Bulk taterno at cox.net
Mon Nov 3 20:33:32 CST 2008

Piper said:
"I have never had good luck with people fitting my shoes. They always
pick shoes that are too small."

I have found that even the best fitters want to sell you shoes according to the gauge they used to measure your feet, which will result in a tight fit and blisters.  I had to insist on one size larger at a New Balance store.  It turns out that those 908s are just about the best shoes I ever hiked in  Sales people don't understand the needs of backpackers, let alone thru hikers.  You need to know what type of fit you require, or will require.  Unfortunately, this sometimes requires mistakes to be made (i.e. $$$) until you figure it out.  I suppose the return policy at REI and A16 make this less painful, though I have not had to resort to returns myself.

Tom

Therefore,