[pct-l] LOST baggage

Ben Curtis cobwebat99 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 09:40:42 CST 2008

Hi Ed,

    I had my old external frame Canyon stolen out of the back of a pickup truck in New Hampshire in the early eighties.  It was covered under my parents' homeowners policy since I was still living with them at time (minus the deductible of course).  I had filed a police report which was important.  Whoever stole it got a bunch of junk, and I got all new stuff.

    When Sly and I were heading from Montana to New Mexico in the fall of 2002 to finish a CDT section that we had missed in the spring, Greyhound (or one of its subsidiaries) put Sly's pack on the wrong bus in Denver.  Fortunately it caught up with us in Alamosa the next day.

-Ben