[pct-l] Heavy Hats

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 18:00:40 CST 2008

Sugar Daddy,

47 is young and strong?  Why thank you.  By today's thru-hiker standards I felt like an old man out there on the trail in 2006.  That's why I enjoyed hiking with guys like you and Jorgy for the few days that I had the chance.  It did make me feel young again!

That's one study I would enjoy seeing.  I have always believed that the completion rate for thru-hikes is higher for those 40+ than the younger crowd. We may be fewer in number on the trail but I do think that the over 40 crowd is more resolved to deal with the difficulties encountered on the trail.

No attempt to create a flame war with the younger folks out there.  But, for the folks that have been on this list for a while has there been any studies on this?

elevator

From: Vic Hanson <vichansonperu at yahoo.com>