[pct-l] New Pocket Mail-type device...

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 13:27:53 CST 2008

 Hi all, saw this info on another hiker BBS.

If you enjoy the simplicity of pocket mail (e-mail only), but want something to use with he cellular technology,
this option may work for you.  Would probably work well in the East and fairly well on the West coast. Probably not as well in the Rockies.

http://www.getpeek.com/

Specs:
Weight: 3.8 ounces
Dimensions: 4.0 x 2.7 x 0.4 inches )
Display: 2.5 inches, 320 x 240 pixels, full-color
Memory: 8 MB
Battery Life: 4-5 days under typical usage
Radio: US Triband GPRS
Device Cost: $79.97

Not endorsing this device one way or another, just passing on the info.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com