[pct-l] Granite Gear front load system

Patrick meta474 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 16:29:19 CST 2008

I had a granite gear latitude vapor this year on the trail (basically
just a vapor trail with a filet zipper), I really liked it. It help up
pretty well over the about 1800 miles I use it for (used a gregory for
the other miles). The front load zipper was handy -- I didn't keep my
stuff in a trash compactor like Richard, I used a granite gear roll-
top dry bag for my sleeping bag (1.6 ounces for the appropriate sized
drybag, not bad for waterproofness) and granite gear of antigravity
gear silnylon stuff sacks for everything else. My stuff stayed dry and
was easily accessible.

Although I mostly just used the filet zipper for lunch breaks (foodbag
access without unpacking) and such. It was always easier to load in
the morning, although When you only have five discrete items to put
into the backpack, I guess loading is easy with any bag. Anyway, I
would recommend it.