[pct-l] food and resupply packages...

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Tue Nov 18 18:16:52 CST 2008

I have a blood sugar problem and can't resupply at most of the trailside stores, so I usually mail all my resupply food.  If you don't have a vacuum sealer for your hiking food, you should seriously consider one!  Each January and February I start packing up all my hiking food for the upcoming season.  If you use the vacuum sealer, all your granola and/or other unpackaged food will still be fine for months.  I do my individual dinners this way as well.  I seal everything and then store it in plastic tubs in a cool closet, and when it's time to start packing the boxes, I just select what I want from the stash.
Amber Y