[pct-l] back on trail 2009 horse and mule

angelina palmer angelrdh at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 20:50:59 CST 2008

Hi again,
I am just planning again to get out there to finish the Oregon stretch from Northern CA at Parks Creek Summit where We came off trail due to snow. As many know, I am writing a book and actually completed the first reference/story/memoir book and it is available on lulu.com it is titled "Ride of Passage" by Angelina Henry. I am still working on it and am trying to get my pictures included in it, but it is available now. When I first planned the trip I had never camped, hiked or even horse camped. So with all the pitfalls that were sure to come it makes for an entertaining read. My intention though too was to have a reference book for horse people out there wanting to trek the PCT. So it is my mission to get this book finished from mexico to canada- it's just taking longer than I anticipated. So now I am married and am getting back out there with the support of my husband and with so many trail angels (I hope to meet) in June 2009. I am just reading the books now to prepare and am looking for help with water especially for the animals in the "dry" sections of the trail in Oregon. I had a most wonderful trail angel at the Hat Creek Rim. He had filled 2- 50 gallon muck buckest with water and covered them with plastic trash bags and met me out there and we camped in a cow corral for the night. The water and his company was a blessing. Any help and suggestions are always welcome, and too, please let me know if you read my book!
Angel
AKA: "Haulin Ass"