[pct-l] hiker safety ((( DOGS)))

Kent Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 12:01:51 CST 2008

There are many folks who find the inclusion of dogs into the hiking community/trail to be hostile.  I occasionally am one of those.  In addition, this year I saw several folks with dogs in So Cal.  It was VERY hard going on the dogs, and a few of the fools simply were pleased at how their dogs just kept on trudging across endless hot stones and sand, with little water, and even less shade.

There are also some fairly long stretches of the PCT that you are not allowed to have a dog - wilderness areas and parks.

I am sure others will respond with vigor on why dogs just really help out the wilderness experience so much more.

Kent