[pct-l] Boy Scouts and trail etiquette

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 12:27:38 CST 2008

Yesterday, me and The Incredible Bulk were hiking Islip Saddle to Baden Powell. We passed a group of boy scouts coming down the trail about 30 of them, whom we had to not only had to give some trail etiquette to b/c they almost pushed us off the side barging through as they were coming DOWN the hill, but we also had to put out their fire at Little Jimmy. The nerve of those scout leaders leaving a fire going! It was in one of the ovens, but nonetheless, it IS high fire season and the flames were pretty high inside the oven, it took us an hour to completely extinguish the coals and the top burner was scoulding! This fire would have burned ALL DAY had we left it. There was another troop on the other side of the camp, from Castaic, who's leader assisted. Thank you very much Gary from troop 888. They told us the troop who just left was from Camarillo, but didn't have their troop #. I have called to report them and only recieved a voice mail as of yet. I will
 keep on it though....gggrrr!

patti