[pct-l] GPS

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Mon Nov 24 12:40:33 CST 2008

Good morning, Brian,

I'm waiting for the latest technology all in one magic box, which will
include: GPS receiver, cell phone, walkie-talkie, audio and video media
player, electronic compass, avalanche finder, strobe beacon, electronic
altimeter, PDA, calculator, flashlight, blood pressure tester, night light,
portable burglar alarm, viewer with binocular/microscope/night-vision
capabilities, digital alarm clock, electronic fire-starting match,
inclinometer, satellite AM/FM broadcast receiver, electronic thermometer,
SPOT receiver/transmitter, bug repeller/zapper, retina scanner, bear-scent
detector, ultrasonic pot cleaner/decontaminator, laser rangefinder, medical
history chip, UV water purifier, voice recorder, cardiac defibrillator,
digital still/video camera, Taser, electronic debit/credit card, radar
detector, heartbeat & respiration monitor, trail sign bar-code reader; and
upwards of a dozen additional functions and features -- those that I have
not yet learned are absolutely essential to my safety, health, happiness,
and ultimate success as a hiker.

All this will be in one 5-ounce package powered by new
unobtainium/dihydrogen monoxide fuel cell technology which is backed by a
solar array and a hand crank.

 For those among you who don't believe such is possible, I refer you to
Clarke's Three Laws of Prediction:
1.      When a distinguished but elderly scientist* states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong.
2.      The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture
a little way past them into the impossible.
3.      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic.
          - Arthur C. Clarke

*That might me me!

You will know it's all real when you see Billy Mays advertise it on TV.

Steel-Eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye