[pct-l] Boy Scouts and trail etiquette

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Mon Nov 24 16:04:30 CST 2008

AsABat said:
> The best compliment I had backpacking was on the Muir Trail when our troop
> had set up camp at Tyndall Creek. We found a quiet spot off the trail,
> away from the many other groups that had similar schedules. Later as
> others showed up, several wanted to camp with us instead of the partiers
> in the larger camp areas. I was shocked, then pleased, realizing the
> compliment. They said they meant it as such, that when they first saw our
> troop t-shirts a few days earlier they were worried, but said we were the
> best behaved group on the whole trail.

If only ALL of the thru-hikers could receive a similar compliment, too...
I will continue to wish and hope for such an achievement, but there always seems to be one group, at least, that doesn't "get it" (and that ties directly to the "entitlement" issue)...
Keep spreading the word...

Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA