[pct-l] kicks

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 11:30:47 CST 2008

I personally wouldn't advise that type of shoe for the trail. You need something with arch support and something that holds onto ur feet so ur not sliding around. I have used the Chacos as well and they are fabulous for the reasons Bamboo Bob stated and b/c they offer the support u need as well! They are even more comfortable when worn with socks, of course u would have to change the socks if u crossed a creek in them. But if you're going to wear shoes, it's a different story. As for one pair...no way u'll make it. Remember that even if u wear a pair of comfy shoes for ten years, you're not putting on the mileage that u will on this trail in that kind of terrain with weight on ur back in a normal situation...not even in ten years and this will be in 3-5 months.

patti