[pct-l] PCT 2009 posse

emily fagerstrom emily.fagerstrom at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:03:00 CST 2008

I have wanted to do the PCT for a decade now, and 2009 is my year.  My visa
expires on April 1 and grad school won't start till next September.  So this
is my chance.

I would feel much more comfortable doing this hike with a couple of others.
I know others have posted that they prefer to hike alone, and that even if I
did hike alone, I would encounter others for large portions of the trip.
Also, I suppose I could go to the kickoff, meet people there, and join up.
For me, I would still prefer to hike with others, and not only that, but to
plan the hike with others.  It just somehow seems safer: if something
happens to you, somebody else knows about it (thank you, by the way, for all
the interesting discussion about safety lately).  Also, it seems smarter
(LIGHTER) for group gear.  Plus I guess it just boils down to me not having
enough confidence to do it alone (and the fear of being lonely).
So... anybody out there want to join forces?

-Emily