[pct-l] kicks

RJ Lewis karmagurl at bektel.com
Tue Nov 25 16:32:53 CST 2008

I still wear my Merrill 3/4 height Radius boots, lightweight and
supportive for my weird feet, in a men's 9 wide, they are comfy and even
with all the miles I've hiked in prep for hiking the PCT and other hikes
I've done, I've never had a blister from them. Luck? Could be- but they
are the most comfy boots I've ever owned. NB shoes don't cut it for me-
they just don't have enough support for my feet and back problems. Don't
get me wrong- I just cannot wear NB shoes, period, even for casual wear.
They just don't fit me right. Bah.

I liked my Vasque boots too for serious mountain conditions but these
Merrill's are much lighter and I enjoy hiking in them. They fit me like
I was made to wear them- I guess that's what it's all about, eh? Since I
don't have problems with feet swelling badly, I just got a bit wider
boot for my toes to move around a bit and they seem to be happy. I've
been wearing a pair for everyday wear for a year now, and I'm quite
happy with them.  My definition of everyday wear- daily from the time I
get up until I go to bed- hiking, walking, whatever I'm doing. I wanted
to be sure I was happy with this particular boot before I took them on
the PCT. 3/4 height seems to work for me.

I do believe in the end that everyone is an individual and it's a HYOH
scenario when it comes to footwear, as much as it is what you take
along- packs, gear, anything.

Soul Sista