[pct-l] Hiking north of highway 58

Karen Lafferty lafferty1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 19:38:55 CST 2008

A group of "more mature" ladies is planning a 3-4 day backpacking trip starting at Highway 58  in April.  We were studying the map and saw that there appears not to be much water.  There does appear to be seasonal streams.  Does anyone have information on that?

We did a day hike (E-2) north of Bouquet Canyon Road and it appears that someone did some trail maintenance.  I am thinking it was the Boyscouts of America, but whoever it was, it looked very nice.  If anyone is going to be doing this hike in the next few weeks/months, you might take a garbage bag along.  At the rest area where all the hanging skeletons are (I believe the Andersons have water caches there) there was a lot of trash.  We tried to carry some out, but were not prepared to carry a lot out,

Also, there was a woman who was going to hike the PCT last summer.  Her trail name is Wheee or something like that.  I haven't seen any postings from her and was wondering how successful her trip was.

Happy Thanksgiving blessings to all.

Karen Lafferty