[pct-l] The cost of hiking

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Thu Nov 27 12:27:18 CST 2008

Bill,

The $17,162 is for two people hiking 2.5 times the length of the PCT,
so while it seems like a big number, it's a big hike too.

At $1.75 per mile a PCT hike would be about $4,600 which I am sure
some (maybe even many) hikers spend that on the PCT. After all, $4,600
works out to $230 a week for five months.

-Halfmile