[pct-l] Higher Cost of Section Hiking

Bill BillBatch at cox.net
Sat Nov 29 22:47:35 CST 2008

amen

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net]
On Behalf Of Eric Lee (GAMES)
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 8:30 PM
To: Donna "L-Rod" Saufley; Kenneth Schwarz; pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Higher Cost of Section Hiking

L-Rod wrote:

Not to mention that you have to go through your first week adjustments on
the trail over, and over, and over!

Oh yeah!  On my section hikes, I often talk to thrus who say, "Gee, it must
be nice to be able to get out on the trail year after year!"  I always say,
"Well, yes, it is, but I'm going straight from a desk job to hiking 140
miles in six days.  Do you remember *your* first week on the trail?"  Then
they always wince and go, "Oh, man, I feel for you!"

Eric