[pct-l] Camera and Statistics

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 22:20:20 CST 2008

For my 2006 hike I utilized lithium batteries for my camera, pocketmail and headlamp.  These were far superior to alkaline batteries.  I snapped more than 2000 pictures with my camera and utilized only 3 pair of batteries for the entire trip.  For my pocketmail, I used 4 pair of batteries for the entire trip and I typically utilized my pocketmail for 1.5 - 2 hours a day.  My headlamp utilized only 2 pair of triple-A batteries, though I rarely hiked after dark.  Sure, there is the issue of disposing of these batteries, though this was not a significant issue for me given the small number I utilized.  Heck, I know that most folks use more in their numerous TV remotes and other such appliances.  To each his own.

From: The Incredible Bulk <taterno at cox.net>