[pct-l] Switchback's Spray Bottles

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Oct 2 13:41:39 CDT 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Switchback's Spray Bottles

Not to be a downer on Switchback's ideas, because his spray bottles
will likely prove useful to many, but I carried a small spray bottle
and never used it. I thought it would keep me cool in the desert to
spray a little water in my face. What I ended up doing was dunking my
hat and long-sleeved shirt in every creek I could find. Wet clothing
was very cooling.

Here's something valuable I did discover: hand sanitizing gel removes
pine sap from your hands. I got pine sap all over my hands one night.
I mean the entire palms and fingers of both hands were completely
covered in it. I was really worried I'd be left without the use of my
hands because of it. I tried the gel and the sap came off like a
miracle.