[pct-l] Shelter on the Trail

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 19:56:19 CDT 2008

The Incredible Bulk writes: As far as ear plugs goes, I don't use them.  I enjoy hearing the wind rustle (or roar as in my last trip case) through the pine needles at night, and to hear birds singing in the morning announcing that it is time to wake up.
Switchback replies: I get scared easily out there.  So, I like ear plugs at night if there is a strong wind, Indian war drums, the purrs of mutant saber tooth mountain lions, crashing meteors, sun hot lightning strikes, or the normal sounds of sleeping hardcore hiker trash.