[pct-l] Bear Harassment

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 21:40:50 CDT 2008

I have just thought of another outstanding idea.  This is almost beyond human comprehension.  A new low for Switchback.  This is great.

I use a one pound 15 ounce bear canister (solo Bear Vault).  By the way this is the only canister you need through the Sierras, but that is another story.

Anyway, here it is.  You know how bears are very curious.  How they are scavengers and very cleaver.  Well, what I am going to do is put the canister in a nylon bag and hang it over a tree limb when I go on my Lyle Canyon expedition next week in Yosemite NP.  Just like if it was a traditional bear bag.  I have reflective tape on my canister too.  Then when a bear comes along and spends a lot of time getting this "bag" down, will he be in for BIG SURPRISE.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.  What a great free show for me.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Say, I might camp out at Onion Valley (Kearsarge Pass trail) on the way to Yosemite.  I could do this there too.

Switchback, the Bear Baiter