[pct-l] Mosquitos

NC Murtaugh hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 01:43:06 CDT 2008

When I hiked the PCT in Oregon this summer, I found that the best protection was treating my clothes with the Sawyer's Premetrium at home, and then putting on the bug repellent on your clothing.  The mosquitoes were very persistent.  They would find anyway they could to your skin.  I wore gloves on my hands, and yet they bit through the backs of the gloves.

Putting the bug repellent on your body, except for exposed areas, was of little to no use.

Never leave the tent without your spray - especially at night.

Lost and Found