[pct-l] Newbie to PCT

Jim Foster jimhfoster at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 06:52:46 CDT 2008

I am an experienced backpacker who thru-hiked the AT in 2007.  However, I am pretty clueless about the PCT.  I am planning to start sectioning the PCT beginning in the spring of '09.  I'd appreciate any insights on the following subjects:  (1) Where in CA would you recommend that I do my initial two to three week section?  (2) When should I start in the spring?  (3) What are some differences between the AT and PCT that I should bear in mind while preparing?

Many thanks in advance.

Early Bird GA->ME 2007
Jim Foster jimhfoster at yahoo.com