[pct-l] Mosquitos, not just for the city-dwelling softies

RJ Lewis karmagurl at bektel.com
Tue Oct 7 19:19:09 CDT 2008

Interestingly enough, I lived in WA state for 5 years and the mossies
there didn't even bother me-- however, moving back to ND proved to be a
horse of a different color. MN is also a fun state for mossies, and in
the springtime here in ND and in MN they swarm so heavily it's like
black clouds in the skies- the lil buggers will cart you off. The black
flies and horse flies aren't quite so fast but they too swarm in black
clouds and their bites are nas-ty if they do catch up to you. *ouch*

Deet? That's like steak sauce to them. *L*  And West Nile is pretty
prevalent up here too- one bite can do it. Had that 6 years ago..NOT a
pleasant experience- it's like the worst case of the flu you have ever
had.....X 10.

So, remember, getting bitten can have consequences that you don't want.
Protect yourselves if you can.

Soul Sista