[pct-l] Grieving for a lost one

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 20:48:34 CDT 2008

This is in response to the post about  losing a friend to the elements on the trail....

Sad times indeed when we lose a good friend
Sad for the family they left behind at home
Sad too for the folks who were there nearby and
Sad cause there was nothing you could have done.

Cry for her as that is all you can do now in your hour of grief
Cry for her but know we too cry for her in our hearts. We too
Cry for her yet we knew her not except she was a hiker and thus we
Cry now as we have cried for others who died on the Pct.

We are all family here on the PCT-l, and we love and loth equally
We are all family here  and as a family we are one here for you
We are all family here so take comfort that we feel your pain
We are all family here and our tears too run down our cheeks.

The Pct gives many of us a reason to be alive with its  beauty
The Pct gives us the answers to why we go out there to hike
The Pct  is our lifeline and for many of us it definds our life, may
The Pct wrap you in its arms and bring you its own peace.

Meadow Ed