[pct-l] NEW meal preparing and packaging service

laura wolff lauraewolff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 15:04:13 CDT 2008

I am constantly getting complimented on my backcountry cooking creations and
I thought I'd put them to good use. I was wondering if there would be a
market for a new personalized packaged meal. I want to start by gaining some
thru-hiker clients and providing x number of meals for them at designated
mail drops. Would anyone be interested in this service?

My meals use a lot of spice, but because I am offering a long-term
client-based service, they can be altered to taste (i.e. you don't like
mushrooms or heat, I won't put it in) and calories (some people need more
fuel and some need less)

Also, I "cook" with an alcohol stove and my meals are always fuel efficient.

And...when you're on the trail, you crave variety. I made the mistake of
having tortilla and PB for lunch everyday for eight days....I stopped eating
lunch. My meals are different. They're tasty and delicious. and...

Nutritious: I use vegetables and make sure to have a healthy proportion of
carbs, fats and proteins. Also, I don't use ingredients that you can't
pronounce and have no idea how they were synthesized. I like to eat real
food and I think most people do too. Of course, this shortens the
shelf-life, which is why I need to know how much to make for whom and when
to send the packages.

So, if you're interested, please post back.

Thanks!
 [image: Edit/Delete
Message]<http://appalachianpages.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=569>