[pct-l] no hitchhiking

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Oct 19 20:42:27 CDT 2008

On Oct 19, 2008, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Hikertown to Kennedy Meadows.  That's about 200 miles.  That's a
> pretty long stretch without resupply, especially since it would
> mean carrying at LEAST 8 days of food on your back through the
> Mojave Desert part.  The standard would be to hitch into Mojave,
> Tehachapi, or Onyx.

I did not hitchhike to Tehachapi. I simply emerged from the trail and
was immediately offered a ride by someone. Does that count as
hitchhiking?

Hitchhiking turned out not to be as bad as I thought it would be.
Sometimes I even got rides from people who already knew me from
following my trail journal.

Piper/Diane