[pct-l] Hitchhiking.........

Pat Wormington airecrew at netzero.net
Mon Oct 20 10:43:33 CDT 2008

I had never hitched a ride before hiking the PCT.  I try to avoid
hitching on main highways.  The Ashland, OR Natural Food co-op in front
of the exit doors worked for me as did the visitors center at North
Bend, WA.  At the Horseshoe Meadow Trailhead near Whitney, I turned down
a ride opting to hitch with hikers exiting the trail.  Carrying too much
weight can result in a miserable hike, be kind to your body for the long
haul into your senior years.   Be sure to experience the town of Etna,
CA, home of Lyons' Pride.

Jollylopper