[pct-l] 8-10? day JMT thru-hike

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Sat Oct 25 18:22:48 CDT 2008

An important thing to remember when it comes to miles per day:
 Even if you are all very fit, are your feet fit? A few years ago, two very
fit friends of mine did the JMT. He was a runner and had zero problems. She
was a cyclist who raced and had the stamina, energy, etc, but her feet were
not used to the long walking mileage they did and gave her real
problems/pain. It took a few months for them to recover. So, make sure you
all have fit feet!

It is a spectacular walk! Enjoy!

Pieces

P.S. I did it with my son when he was 18 and we really enjoyed it.