[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 47

Paul Cronshaw beemancron at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 19:39:36 CDT 2008

Hi Scott,

This summer I hiked the JMT in 14 days with one resupply at JMR.  The key is packing a bear canister for the 7 days from JMR to Whitney. :)

I met more people on the trail who were taking longer; I envied them.   I met a few people doing it in less than 14 days; they did not appear to be having as much fun.

IMO go SOBO; take 14 days or longer. This is a very special trail. On my next JMT hike, I plan to take 21 days; this is the ideal traveling time to allow for zero days, side trips, bad weather etc.

However, HYOH and YMMV.

The Beeman
JMT Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/beemancr

--Forwarded Message Attachment--