[pct-l] plant identification/botany on the PCT/ regarding things edible

Julian Plamann julian at amity.be
Mon Oct 27 01:12:28 CDT 2008

Hello! I've been recently taking an interest in plant identification and I
was thinking it might be pretty cool to do some reading on PCT-related
botany before my thru-hike both as a way to supplement my diet with fresh
foods on occasion (if this proves not to be a complete pipe-dream) -- and
also purely for the joy of getting that much more out of the hike. Have any
of you done something similar? I'm trying to find some good reading material
or info from past thru-'ers.
Thanks 8)
-Julian