[pct-l] First PCT Segment

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Mon Oct 27 17:38:23 CDT 2008

I walked that piece south-to-north in 2005. Photos ae available at
www.bailyweb.com  along with some discussion of my camping spots (and thus
time duration). It was my feeling, at the time, that the 5 miles north of
Highway 35 going to Timberline Lodge were more interesting/prettier, than
the miles immediately south of there. (I still have not walked north of
Timberline Lodge, so Section G photos are not yet posted.) I would suggest
starting at Timberline Lodge. Also, showers were available at Olallie Lake
but only prior to 6 PM, and, at 6:10 PM, the next morning was booked until
11 AM. Feel free to comtact me offline if you have any specific questions
about the trail or camping or water. I will try to remember. As I recall
there were several places where I passed thru, or very close to, well
populated drive-in or boat-in campgrounds.

Pieces