[pct-l] Maps

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 14:42:32 CDT 2008

They are not the "best" maps, but I found the maps in the PCT guidebooks to be more than adequate for this very obvious (and generally well marked) trail.

The only area where better maps would have been handy (but I did manage) was in the High Sierra when the JMT/PCT was covered in snow.  The Tom Harrison maps of the JMT are what some PCT hikers have used in heavy or even normal snow years.

http://snipurl.com/4uqdt  [www_pcta_org]    I did not use them myself, but they looked pretty good to my eyes when I saw them (and was envious of the JMT hikers who had them. :D).  But, I did manage w/o them.

YMMV.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com