[pct-l] Bounce box

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Fri Sep 5 11:44:42 CDT 2008

Laura Newman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There was a recent post about resupplying and bounce boxes.  Other
> than nail clippers, what else did folks start with in their boxes or
> wish they had?  I assume it grew as the hike went on but any
> suggestions on things to plan for or put in would be much appreciated.

as a general rule, only put in your bouncebox items that you can't
easily get in town. it's easy to buy, say, a big box of ziplocks and put
the bulk of them in your bouncebox, but if you follow that philosophy
with other easily obtainable items (ie first aid items, etc), your
bouncebox will soon be overflowing, and the extra money it will cost you
to repeatedly send and re-send those items will negate whatever money
you might save by buying them in bulk.

here's some things i kept in my bouncebox:

-guide book parts
-battery chargers
-optional clothing items:
	-extra clean socks
	-extra insoles
	-rain gear
	-mosquito headnet
-extra ear plugs (not always easy to find in town)
-packs of gatorade powder (not always easy to find in town)
-trekking pole spare parts
-spare tent stakes
-address book
-optional gadgets (ie mp3 player)

i'm sure there's more that i'm not recalling now, but this will give you
a start.

cheers-
girlscout