[pct-l] Postholer.Com - Journals, Maps, Snow Conditions...

Postholer public at postholer.com
Tue Sep 16 17:27:21 CDT 2008

For those of you new to the PCT-L, I'd like to introduce you to
Postholer.Com. Postholer aims to be one of the most complete sources for PCT
enthusiasts, without pandering to your wallet. No advertisements or
'donations'.

+ Journaling second to none - http://postholer.com/journal
+ Interactive Google Trail Maps - http://postholer.com/gmap
+ Snow Conditions/Climate Info - http://postholer.com/postholer

Journaling second to none - http://postholer.com/demo
Add entries via EMail, Pocketmail, Blackberry, you name it and of course web
browser.
Optional mobile friendly access for smart-phone users with internet access.
Geo-locate your daily journal entry on our highly detailed Google maps.
Un-matched editing and photo features.
Clean, custom styles to suit your taste
Guestbook, gear list, planner, training, RSS, etc.

Interactive Google Trail Maps - http://postholer.com/gmap
See the PCT trace and other trails in a zoomable, highly detailed,
interactive manner.
Almost 300,000 data points, lowest resolution ~250 feet
Topo, terrain, satellite, hybrid and normal modes.
Maildrops, photos, trail locations, etc, by latitude/longitude. Add your
own!
Example, Maildrops: http://postholer.com/gmap/gmap.php?vw=0&stMark=1

Snow Conditions/Climate Info - http://postholer.com/postholer
Check out snow conditions, SWE, depth, min/max temps, daily/annual precip
along the entire trail.
Compare current conditions with historical climate averages.
Graph/station data for any date in the past, where available.
Current weather reports from the NWS.
Links to Snotel/CDEC graph/tabular data
Example: April 1, 2008:
http://postholer.com/postholer/index.php?trail=1&month=4&day=1&year=2008

And forums, too! - http://postholer.com/forum
If the defacto, highly informative PCT-L isn't enough for you, check out the
forums.

You'll find tons of other stuff, GPS data, hourly PCT related news, lots of
links to other resources.

Enjoy!
-postholer