[pct-l] Water treatment question for the PCT community

ietura at viajarapie.info ietura at viajarapie.info
Wed Sep 17 08:41:30 CDT 2008

so you're saying you got dehydrated and eventually quit your trip (partly)
because your filter didn't work???!!!

This puzzles me. Don't be afraid of water. We're made to drink it as is and
it's actually human induced pollution you should fear. Not trusting
untreated water is fine but be sure it's just as arbitrary as trusting
filtered water or relying on others' trust of whatever chemical treatment.
Whatever straight answers you get to your question, they'll do little for
you but addressing your trust or mistrust or the particular treatment
method.

Whatever you do, be sure to choose your water sources wisely. Treating your
water should do you no harm but there may be a tendency (I don't mean it's
your case) to rely too much on the treatment thing and forget about what
really matters.
rainskirt