[pct-l] Keep Me Connected, part 1

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Sep 19 09:45:06 CDT 2008

On Sep 18, 2008, at 3:37 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Some of you may remember my Culture of Connectivity  (http://
> snipurl.com/3risz )  essay that started on via e-mail exchanges on
> this various  lists.
>
> http://www.wildebeat.net/index.cgi/s...aces/E156.html

That was interesting. Thank you for sharing the link. (The above link
didn't work for me, but I found the transcript on my own.)

I was pleasantly surprised that the officials on the show supported
people who want a disconnected experience. I would have expected the
opposite. I am glad that they strive to uphold the meaning of
wilderness and aren't pressuring us to try to Disney-fy it.