[pct-l] Belden to ~Chester walk-around and related

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Sat Sep 20 22:06:41 CDT 2008

Gadget,
When I hiked through Etna Summit in July I noticed several hiker's
cars parked there, including Yeti's Subaru with two windows smashed
out. They do have a small parking area and I am sure break-ins are
rare, but I would be nervous about parking my car there. I would check
with either the RV park in Seiad Valley or the Hiker Hut in Etna to
see if some kind of parking arrangements could be worked out.

Bus service was available between Etna and Seiad Valley, but it did
not run on the weekends. I found it a somewhat difficult (4 hour)
hitch around the fire closure on a Saturday.

-Halfmile

http://www.alderbrookmanor.com/hikershut.htm