[pct-l] food containers when you don't need a bear vault?

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 22:07:44 CDT 2008

It depends on which Ursack you have... The really old yellow ones, I think are the ones with the problem... Then Ursack had an issue with getting the kevlar material b/c it was getting routed to the military. Mine is the lighter Spectra (pre 2004) and I've never had an issue with rodents or anything else. I have a friend that got chipmunk or mice poop on hers in the middle of the night, but no chew holes...

>From the Ursack FAQs:

What is the difference between an Ursack TKO and the current models?
In order to avoid confusion, we have renamed Ursack models by reference to the specific fabric they are made with. The original TKOs were made with a lighter Spectra (Green with white ripstop) and then replaced with heavier Spectra (Green--no ripstop--gusseted bottom)in 2004. That fabric is available again and is now called S29 (Spectra 29 yarns per inch). Our (yellow) Vectran models were called the TKO 2.0; it is now called the V27 (Vectran 27 yarns per inch).

HTH

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra