[pct-l] Recumbent Bikes on the PCT

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Sep 28 01:10:05 CDT 2008

I am thinking of getting into three wheel recumbent bikes for camping and adventures (go to terratrike.com and their Tour model).  You can hook a nice trailer on the back and take off on a light weight adventure.  Then I started to think about the PCT and how much fun it would be to speed along the PCT and knocking hikers over as I go by.  I could have a real loud horn on it and blast hikers as I suddenly round corners or pull into a hiker camp late at night.  I could carry lots of great foods and drinks along with trailtown sacking loot.  This is too neat.  But I need to get the PCT rules changed, so I can use these wheeled vehicles on the PCT -- I am sure the PCTA will support me.  It  should not be too hard to get the rules changed for handicapped Veterans like me.  See you on the trail.  You will hear me coming, but it will be too late.

Later, Switchback the Bent Biker