[pct-l] night hiking in the desert

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Thu Apr 2 22:11:24 CDT 2009

When hiking at night in the desert on warm evenings, IMO you really need
some kind of light unless the moonlight is extra bright. It's not so
much seeing the trail, it's seeing the rattlesnakes that might be
hanging out waiting for dinner to stroll by. Don't be paranoid, but be
alert.

Now, I haven't heard of anyone actually having a problem in this way,
but I did once know a guy who actually stepped on one that was warming
itself on a asphalt road near Warner Springs and got bit. Actually, he
did it two years in a row. Even better, he was a nature instructor.

AsABat