[pct-l] night hiking in the desert

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Thu Apr 2 22:23:02 CDT 2009

Bingo.

I grew up in that neck of the woods (So Cal deserts, outside of Palm
Springs).  The snakes are looking for the end of the warmth, being
cold blooded, and the open trodden trail gets the last direct sun.

As kids, when we would walk at night, down the only paved road in the
area - it would be very common to see a snake, or two, or three;
depending on the weather.

BillB