[pct-l] night hiking in the desert

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Fri Apr 3 00:53:13 CDT 2009

Hello from a longtime list-lurker.

Let me just say you meet the most interesting folks driving around on
the Aqueduct at 1 am. I'm glad they live in Antelope Valley instead
of my neighborhood. (Spent a nervy few minutes playing "tag" with a
4WD truck yahoo who enjoyed pinning me in the deer-in-the-headlights
sense, with his high beams.)

With that said, I'm headed back out on the Aqueduct this weekend. The
forecast from there through to Walker Pass includes: Gale force
winds. 40 percent chance of rain. Possibility of snow above 5K. And
nightime lows of 28. Mmmmmmm .... Anyone care to join me?

DP