[pct-l] alcohol (stove) bottle size for a thru-hike.

Kent Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 13:03:36 CDT 2009

Hi Julian -

I am sure someone else with more alcohol stove experience will give you better
details, but I was shocked (shocked!!!) to find out the best bottle to use to carry
alcohol is an empty plastic Coke (or other soda pop) bottle.  Just make sure
you mark it, so someone doesn't confuse it with water.  Of course, a HEET bottle
will work, but it is not as easy to see how much is left.

Kent