[pct-l] alcohol (stove) bottle size for a thru-hike.

Josh 559josh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 13:49:34 CDT 2009

Brian,
Good point...I didn't think of that...but again, I don't think most people
just grab other people's stuff & use it...we're not talking about burning a
house down or something where DIRE EXPEDIENCY would be required...and with
an alcohol stove, the stove fire seems to be quite moot.

Not familiar with the Nalgene...was it transparent because it's been
mentioned that being able to SEE the qty of Alcohol remaining is a plus to
using a clear bottle.

I use a SnowPeak Titanium stove most of the time as I do sections...I WISH I
had the time & money to do the whole PCT!!! :((  So I don't personally have
extensive experience with alcohol...but I have recently considered
purchasing a setup and see how I like it.

Back to the original Q...is ~1oz per meal the consensus?

Josh