[pct-l] alcohol (stove) bottle size for a thru-hike.

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 14:31:21 CDT 2009

Funny,  I use a Square Fiji bottle for my fuel and regular soda bottles for
water.  Maybe we should avoid hiking together (LOL).

I originally tried to write FUEL in big letters on the bottle but the
alcohol has a way of erasing the writing after a few uses.   I guess I'm
just careful and people don't usually share bottles.  I've heard of someone
accidentally taking a drink from a soda bottle that contained alcohol fuel
on the AT.  They didn't swallow enough (if any) to do harm - the taste will
wake you up pretty quick.  You'd be amazed how quick someone can spit.

Day-late