[pct-l] Lion (not the mountain variety) Encounters on the PCT

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Apr 3 18:15:21 CDT 2009

My list of wild animals seen (the reason I love to get out there!)

                Bears                     6

                Mtn. Lions           2

                Bobcats                1

                Fox                         6

                Coyotes               innumerable

                Pine marten       1

                Antelope             dozens

                Elk                          hundreds (Colorado migration is
a sight to behold)

                Marmots             dozens

                Pikas                      1

I get so excited when I see creatures in their native environments, doing
what they do.  Never had a problem with any of them . . . except the demon
squirrel at Grouse Meadow . . . but that's another story!

L-Rod